Friday, October 22, 2010

I've seen a house fly...




I was with her. We were exploring Savannah, and yet it wasn't Savannah. It was in the middle of nowhere, and there were hills and cliff sides. We walked to a spot, top of a large hill overlooking a large river. On the other side of the river was Tybee, and the Fort, except in pristine condition.
It was grassy on the hill, soft and vibrant green. There were tons of others sitting and viewing the landscape. The only spot we could find was close to the drop off point of the cliff. I sat closer to the edge, she on my right. She leans over and rests her head on my shoulder and it conflicts me: I very much enjoy this, the feeling I receive when she is close to me is far exceeded by the intensity of when we are touching, and I can smell her. I will never forget that smell, but I cannot describe nor put my finger on it. But as she is leaning against me, I feel myself slowly sliding towards the edge. Anxiety starts to fill up, then I look skyward and see an elephant. Only, it isn't an elephant exactly, for it has large dragon wings and tail. All other parts are elephant-like, tho (trunk, grey skin, I could even see his junk). He was flying above us, circling. How something so large can look so elegant in the sky is baffling. I was worried, for I kept thinking he was going to drop a load on us. It was at this point some of the ground gave way and I began to slip. I could have grabbed her, it might have saved me. But I did not want to take her down as well. I landed in the river and was ripped apart by crocodiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment