Thursday, June 16, 2011

unexplained fear and the great willow

I enter my moms house into the back room. She is crying about something, and I look around the room. I see her cat Jynx, yet she is running around screeching like a banshee. Mom tells me it is possessed, and suddenly the cat jumps up onto her face and begins chewing, scratching, screaming. My mom grabs it by the head and throws it through the window.
We go outside to find her. As soon as I exit the house we are in a graveyard. A vast, old graveyard. Old tombstones line the ground and a thick fog is rising. Everything slowly fades to black, but I can still see the faintest of shapes. I hear a laugh, low and menacing. It chuckles as I feel something brush past me. I call out for my mom and she screams. I see her face, bright white and in horror, as she is dragged further away from me into the darkness. I run after her, tripping over the now unseen gravestones. Fear is building up in me, I feel blind. The laughter is getting louder as if it is inside my own head. I get pushed around while running. I trip and fall, landing hard on something. I gasp for breath, only to have something stand on top of me. I see the vaguest outline of a face, a giant grin and horrible eyes, and then it lunges down at me.

I wake up, gasping for air. The thunderstorm I fell asleep to is long gone, the rain dripping lazily off the roof onto the concrete. Lazily, I drift back to sleep.

I am in a small room with Sian. I believe the walls were a faint red, but the glow from the candles turned it a soft orange. She is making paper lanterns and wearing only a robe, sitting on a small blue cushion. She goes to speak but words do not come out, instead it is a haze. Almost as if she is telling me a story and I am being enveloped in it.

There is a very large tree, with vines wrapping up around the trunk. The branches are thick and head skyward, it's flowing hair-like leafs dangling down like the most beautiful of willows. A group of children walk up to this tree, and climb it. They find berries and fruits in it's branches, and tall blades of grass grow near it's roots. The children have clothes made of animal skins, but are not feral. They play and dance around the tree, my brother Sean being their leader. There is nothing to worry about; the tree provides for all.
Three adults appear on a beach. One is in a business suit, one is dressed as a pirate, and the other is clearly a detective of sorts. The man in the business suit chases the pirate across the sand and into the water, disappearing beneath the waves. The detective walks from the beach into a city, and begins asking people about the group of children he was tasked to find. Nobody seems to know, so he keeps searching. He arrives at a boxing ring surrounded by men dressed out of the 30's. Everyone is hootin' and hollerin', and two woman are standing in the ring looking right pissed at eachother. They happen to be Mamie Eisenhower and Eva Braun. The bell dings and they begin fisticuffs. After a few punches and kicks are thrown, they are bleeding and pulpy on the mat next to each other. The crowd is ferocious, calling for one of them to end it. Suddenly, they begin kissing. The detective shakes his head and continues onward. He rounds a corner and see's a very large brick church. In front of the church are a group of teenagers wearing hoods. Two boys and one girl. A young black child walks past them, head down and hands in his pockets. One of the teen boys whispers in his direction, "heroin" as he passes. The kid ignores him and keeps walking, and the three older kids turn and follow him around a corner.

"What boy you too good? want some crack?" said the girl, getting in front of the child.

He screams "Leave me alone!", and the two boys begin closing in on him. One is riding a skateboard. The girl pushes the child, and instantly he grabs her by the neck and slams her face down, onto the skateboard. The kid riding the skateboard stumbles off, smashing his teeth on the curb. Both him and the girl are crying in pain, blood flowing from their faces. The third teen picks up the skateboard and is about to beat the child with it. BLAM! The kids arm is shot and he drops it. Panicked, he runs away leaving his friends to rot. The child turns to see the detective. He reaches his hand outward, and the man takes it. The child pulls out a small, fuzzy creature, and it crawls all over the man. "His name is Geebo" says the child, as the creature makes cute purring noises and rests on the detectives shoulder. The kid takes the man around another corner and there is the tree, looking magnificent. No longer is a city in existence, just a vast jungle behind this towering God of flora.
"The other children are long gone", said the child to the adult. The man sits down against the tree, sighing heavily. Vines from the tree embrace him, and he becomes one with the bark.



I am in the room with Sian again. She pulls out a computer and begins to explain to me what my previous dreams supposedly meant. She explained why I should not fear the dark, and that I should turn in what I have finished of my comic to my teacher. I print it out, walk into another room and hand it to Mr Kime. He smiles and says "this is very good, josh". I walk back into the room with Sian and she is smiling. She turns away from me and keeps looking at things on her computer screen. I wrap my arms around her from behind, holding her close.



No comments:

Post a Comment